Monday, November 22, 2010

2 Weeks

I've been checking weather.com religiously the past couple of weeks and just waiting for the inevitable: snow and freezing temperatures. According to the current 10 day forecast, it may snow here by next Tuesday (Nov 30th). I cannot believe it hasn't snowed yet and that the weather has been kind of decent (the temperature jumps around a lot, but it's been in the 40's mostly). I am thankful, but bracing myself for the negative temperatures that are bound to come.

There have been quite a few gloomy, dark days. I could do without those. They have a way of sucking the energy right out of you! I am trying to be aware of how it affects me and I try to correct it the best I can. Although it was a rather "blah" day, I still managed to keep my energy up and get things done. The trees around here look down right pathetic. The poor things have several leaves hanging on for dear life. I took a picture of our tree about 2 weeks ago and another picture yesterday:

November 6th

November 21st

It's amazing how much things change in just 2 weeks. I feel as if I didn't really appreciate my first real Autumn as much as I could have. There is always next time since I have 2 more years here. As I said before, nature around here is looking quite sad, but I'm sure it will look beautiful surrounded by snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment