Tuesday, November 9, 2010

46 Days 'til Christmas!

I feel a bit like an elf at the North Pole lately. I’ve been in my little shop o’ crafts working away. I’ve been putting together some surprise gifts for my family and I just finished the cards my dear friend, Susan, ordered from me (yay for Etsy love)! The cards were technically finished over the weekend, but I kept going over them to scan for imperfections and to trim ribbon for the third time. I don’t know what it is about making something for someone close to me. I get a little stressed out and want it to be perfect.


The cards were really fun to make, though. All I had to do was follow the idea that Susan got here. It was a large order, so I set up an assembly line when I put the cards together. It makes everything go so much faster and I felt more efficient. I love picking up new ideas or tricks while completing new projects (ie: when trimming paper, you get a cleaner line if you turn the paper as you cut. Maybe that’s something that’s already well known, but I never gave it much thought until I was cutting out numerous ornament shapes). I’m off to the post office to send Susan her cards today. I hope she likes them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment