Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

Sometimes I feel as if I am a living version of the movie Groundhog Day (highly entertaining movie, by the way). I know I felt like this sometimes when I did have a job, but the feeling occurs much more often now that I am not working. Before you all think I am a bum, Mike and I decided it would be best if I did not get a job when we moved. We wanted to see how things went financially with one income for a few months to see if we could afford to have a family. The verdict is in... YES! Especially now that Mike gets a couple of raises (for being in the Navy for 6 years and the usual annual one... woohoo)! So, now it really would not make sense to commit to a new job since we are officially trying for a baby (woohoo, again)!

Back to my version of "Groundhog Day". It goes a little something like this: breakfast, craft, clean, gym, laundry, lunch, yard work, cook dinner, blog, sleep. When it comes down to it, I'm not really complaining. I am thankful that Mike's job allows for me to be a stay at home wife (life is so much more organized when I am not trying to juggle a full time job along with cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc). All I'm saying is that it gets a little boring at times.

Although, life in the kitchen is not so monotonous. Luckily for me, there are many like-minded people with blogs where I can find new recipes. I love that I can find something new to cook with a click of my mouse. Tonight, I used a recipe that Apricot Tea recently posted. The recipe: Lemon Pepper Pasta and Asparagus. The verdict: fresh, light, and delicious... just how I like my meals. I added a summer squash that had been hanging out in my fridge and it was really tasty with the other veggies. The only changes I will make for next time are omitting the tomatoes and adding garbanzo beans for protein. Mike enjoyed his with some baked chicken.


Sadly, the Commissary did not have any arugula (they kind of fail in the produce department) so I did not make the salad to accompany the pasta. Instead, I made our typical mixed greens salad. I plan to shop for produce somewhere other than the Commissary from now on, so next time I make this recipe I will try out the arugula salad as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment