Saturday, November 13, 2010

Gloomy, Rainy Saturday

I have a feeling this weather will get to me eventually, but for now I am enjoying it. Today was dark, rainy, and 40 degrees throughout the day. I drove the 30-ish minutes to the Commissary and back without thinking to use the heat. I wasn't bundled up either (long sleeve t-shirt, barely there short sleeve knit sweater on top, skirt, tights, and boots). I didn't even break out the umbrella for the steady drizzle dripping on me as I walked in and out of stores. It was a pretty proud day for this Cali girl!

Today I was thankful for chunky sweaters and hot Starbucks. The combination is a must-have for driving to and fro in chilly weather. It makes for a very enjoyable drive!


Tonight was perfect for homemade chili and board games at a friend's house. I can imagine many more of these nights come Winter when even the thought of braving the cold just to get to the car and a 5 minute drive down the road seems unbearable. Once you get past the cold, it's worth it! We had quite a few heated battles. Who knew Sorry could be such a vicious game?!

No comments:

Post a Comment