Monday, November 1, 2010

Not in My House!

Just as I had come to terms with the strange Trick or Treating schedule in Illinois, I was dealt another Halloween disappointment. We had a weak turn out of Trick or Treaters. As it was becoming abundantly clear that many kids were not going to show up, I was practically begging the kids who did show to take fistfuls of candy. Even after all of my pleading, I was left with entirely too much candy. Ohhhhhhh noooooooooo.. not in MY house. I needed to get rid of it ASAP. I grabbed two gallon sized ziploc bags and filled those suckers up! I put them on the table by the front door and demanded that Mike take them to work the next day.

This is the AFTER picture, not the before

Goodbye, evil candy!

And do you know what he did?! He took ONE bag, not TWO, ONE! And do you know which bag he left behind? The one with all the chocolate!!! After eating a shameful number of Twix bars the previous week, I vowed to have ZERO junk food Monday through Friday. A bag of chocolate is NOT something I want to find on the first day of my little experiment. I surprised myself with my will-power and did not touch that chocolate. Well, except to slam it down in anger after finding that Mike had left it behind ;D My darling hubby will be taking the rest of the candy with him to work with him tomorrow!!

4 comments:

  1. hehe, our big ol' bowl of left over candy is almost GONE! I'm actually snacking on some this very moment :-/ I'll probably be paying for it later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be snacking on left over candy too if I hadn't already been doing that all last week ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. CARMEL APPLE!!!!!!!!!!! takes me back...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh yeah! How about pixie stix? Haha!

    ReplyDelete