Saturday, November 6, 2010

30 Before 30

A few days ago, some friends from High School were having a discussion on Facebook. The topic: what age is considered late 20’s? The overall decision: 27. Guess what? I’m 26. Guess what else? I’ll be 27 in December. Hello, Late 20’s! After a small panic attack, I started thinking about things I’d like to accomplish before the big 3-0. In no particular order, I give you my list of 30 before 30:

1. Visit New York (and other nearby east coast cities)

2. Finally make an album of my wedding photos for my mom

3. Speaking or weddings… Finally get my wedding dress preserved (yeah… 5 years later)

4. Talk Mike into getting my two West Highland White Terrier puppies :D

5. Read at least one book per month



6. Continue to get into better shape (I’m more concerned about building muscle than losing weight)

7. Become more informed about nutrition and about having a balanced vegetarian diet

8. Have at least a month worth of recipes that I know by heart and can rotate regularly

9. Start baking more and have at least 5 signature desserts

10. Make the transition to all natural cleaning supplies and body products



Not 100% natural, but getting there!


11. Have a garage sale every Spring to minimize clutter

12. Visit a romantic bed and breakfast somewhere beautiful with Mike

13. Get copies of my favorite recipes from my Grandma and Oma in their handwriting

14. Get a recording of my favorite stories from my Grandma’s & Oma’s childhoods

15. Print, frame, and hang dozens of black and white photos from my Grandma and Oma

16. Become more computer and blog savvy. While we’re on the topic of technology… I want a really nice camera and I want to learn how to use it!

17. Refinish all the furniture I’ve been meaning to refinish for years

18. Get into the habit of sending snail mail to my loved ones on a regular basis just to let them know I love them.

19. Embrace Illinois and visit its historical cities/sites

20. Visit all the states that border Illinois (I’ve already been to Missouri, so that’s a start)

21. Start a tradition for every holiday that Mike and I will have with our children

22. Get professional photos taken with Mike (bonus points if we have a baby by the time said photos are taken)

23. Take a mini vacation with my mom (a girl's getaway somewhere close by when I visit CA)

24. Get in touch with my German heritage and Mike’s Korean heritage to introduce them to our children

25. Have a baby… and hopefully have another one on the way (yes, I’ve got a fever and the only thing that can cure it is BABIES)

26. Follow through with my ambitions to use cloth diapers for my babies, make fresh baby food for my babies, etc

27. Grow out my hair long again and stick with my natural color (it’s been years since I’ve seen it and it will be completely back to my natural color with one or two more haircuts)

28. Join some sort of meet up group in Illinois (if any exist out here, haha) to meet new people

29. Purchase a practical and versatile wardrobe

30. Sell 100 items on Etsy (sounds easy enough, but requires me to get enough confidence to post more than 2 items every few months)

No sky diving or jet setting to foreign countries for me. It’s not very adventurous, is it? I’m totally okay with that. While those things sound fun, they just aren’t ME. Maybe one day in the far, far, FAR off future I’ll try jumping out of a plane or traveling across the Atlantic. For now, I am happy as can be with my little list of 30 before 30!

2 comments:

  1. nice list! I'm doing the same thing as 27, I have just a tiny bit of blond left on my ends, so after that is gone, I'm going for length! ;-)

    Good list. And as for books - you should sign up on Good Reads to keep track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with growing out your hair. Doesn't it seem to take forever?! Thanks for the link! It adds to my motivation to read more :D

    ReplyDelete