Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and Other Sunday Happenings

Today was the perfect combination of laziness and productiveness. I slept in and woke up to breakfast in bed (A+ for the hubby). Then the Mr. and I lazed around for a while, watching TV. I spent a majority of the early afternoon making Christmas cards. I have about 1/3 of them finished and have the makings for the rest underway. I made a late afternoon trip to the Commissary to get groceries for the next couple of weeks. Apparently, not many people are out and about here on Sunday evenings. The traffic there and back was nearly non-existent. The Commissary had a fair amount of shoppers, but not nearly as many people as it normally does. It looks like Sunday evenings will be my new shopping time.

After I got home, I decided to get to some chores. I organized and wiped down the fridge before putting groceries away. Then I did a few loads of laundry, changed the sheets, straightened up the living room, and wiped down the bathroom. My darling hubs gets another A+ for cleaning the kitchen while I was shopping!

Mike finished his finals for his two online courses today. He will have a break from classes for about a month before he starts again. He's been doing really well managing work and school. I know he's got a lot on his plate, so I do not ask very much of him when he's at home. He usually takes the initiative to pitch in when he can which is much appreciated.

I've been in a baking mood this month. I found a delicious recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies that was recently posted by Your Wishcake. These cookies are amazing! Who knew pumpkin and chocolate could be so good together?! They are so light and fluffy too. I made them last week, but they got burnt on the bottom. I had a feeling it was because I used parchment paper instead of greasing the pan. I gave it another go today, but greased the pan instead of using parchment paper. They were perfect. I think I will bring these (along with a broccoli/cheese/rice casserole) to Thanksgiving dinner.

More baked goods to be sent to work with Mike. Better that they go straight to his co-workers thighs than mine...

...but I have to have just a couple before they are sent away...

That's about it for this weekend. Oh, we did have game night again on Saturday (looks like it's a weekly thing for sure). The teams were girls against guys for both games and we lost both times. INCONCEIVABLE (yep... a Princess Bride reference). We are definitely going to have to correct this next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment